March 10, 2014

Spicy Smoked Turkey Soup

I used this recipe from all recipes.  I've learned I'm not a huge fan of smoked turkey.  I bought a giant one marked down at Aldi and have been trying to use up the meat.  I love the giant smoked turkey legs at amusement parks but a whole smoked turkey was a bit too much of a good thing.  I thought this soup was ok. Mr. R liked it.  I followed the recipe pretty close but added extra cumin, chili powder, garlic powder and onion powder.  Mr. R likes his soups really flavorful. I also added mushrooms and instead of 3 cups of turkey, I only used about 2 cups.

I still have a couple more bags of smoked turkey.  I think I'll use it in a stuffing casserole.  It seems to be the best way I have found to use it and it covers up some of the strong smoked flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment