November 29, 2013

Grilled Cheese and Vegetable Tomato Soup - Using up what's on hand

We didn't have milk but we did have leftover chicken stock from yesterday.  So I decided to try to make a vegetable soup.  I sautéed a diced up onion in olive oil.  Chopped up a few baby carrots that were left in the fridge.  Added diced green pepper and mushrooms from the freezer.  Minced garlic, garlic salt and onion powder seasoned it.  Then added the chicken stock, a can of condensed tomato soup and about 3 handfuls of elbow macaroni.

It ended up pretty decent.  When I first added the tomato soup I thought it kind of smelled funny, the mix of everything that I had thrown together.  But I ate 2 bowls and the girls each ate theirs without too much bugging from me.

The last slice of ham went in my grilled cheese sandwich and the girls had bologna and grilled cheese.

Not sure what Mr. Ripples will eat when he wakes up.  There are only a couple slices of bread left.  Maybe I'll make him a grilled cheese quesadilla and spaghetti-o's definitely not as healthy as the girls' and my dinner.  But oh well. 

I'm hoping he will want to run to the store tonight because I am not wanting to go out in the cold again today.  I'm already in my comfy pajamas.

No comments:

Post a Comment