December 1, 2013

Shopping and Saving on some much needed items

Our computer chair broke a couple days ago.  Luckily my nephew just got a really nice new computer chair for his desk.  I asked my sister if they were using his old one.  They aren't and she said we could have it.  **FREE** 

We need a new vacuum.  Our current one is big and heavy, I have a hard time getting it up and down the stairs.  Something broke on it so its really loud. The cord is ripped and repaired with electrical tape in about 4 spots.  I found this sweeper online at target marked down to only $37.  We have a small house so I really don't need anything big and fancy.  This will be perfect for our needs and the price was great.  Used my redcard for the purchase so I saved 5% plus got free shipping and went through ebates so I'll get 5% cash back.  And my grandma had given me $20 for each of us to buy something for Christmas, so Mr. Ripples and I are putting our money together to pay for the vacuum.


Since I was already shopping on Target's website I decided to check out the clearance section.  I got a really cute t-shirt for Little Ripples for only $3.50 that I am going to put in her stocking.  Then I checked out the women's clearance as I need some new tops for work.  I've been cleaning out my closet and a lot of my tops are looking pretty worn out or don't fit as I seem to have gained about 10 pounds instead of losing it like I planned.  Funny how that happens.  I found some really cute tops and dresses marked down to some great prices.  I also bought a cute pair of sandals and some big floppy hats. These will be great for our trip to California.  I'm supposed to be very careful about being in the sun and my old hat is stained and starting to fall apart.  The hats were on clearance for only $5 each.  I'll try everything on when I get it and then return whatever doesn't fit.  My grandma gave me an extra $20 since my birthday is coming up so I'll use that for the clothes and then the rest will come out of my personal spending money.

Then I found the Baby Alive Yummy Treat doll that Little Ripples asked Santa for on sale.  It was only $1.00 off the normal price but hey its something.  And since I used my redcard for all of this I saved an extra 5%, got free shipping and will get 5% cash back from ebates.






 
 
 
 
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment