November 29, 2013

Black Friday

I was supposed to work today.  I never take the day after Thanksgiving off.  It's such a waste of a vacation day because its such a relaxed day at work and everyone usually leaves early.  And it's not like I'm going to waste hours standing in line at some store just to save a few bucks.

But today we had a little misunderstanding as to who was watching the kids.
Since my husbands work schedule was switched around due to the holiday, he didn't think to mention until last night that he needed someone to watch the girls today.  So I went in to work for a few hours this morning and took the afternoon off.  I was planning on a nap but couldn't fall asleep.  I had started some shopping online and found some good deals at Kmart (even though all I do is complain about them) and now their website is down and so is Sear's so can't even finish my order.

We are in desperate need of some groceries.  Tonight will either be eggs and pancakes or grilled cheese and tomato soup as I don't have any meat thawed.
One thing that sucks about going somewhere else for Thanksgiving is we don't have a fridge full of left overs.

I think I'll work on a meal plan and shopping list.  The Aldi I shop at is right by the mall and I really really want to avoid that area of town so not sure when I'll go shopping.  It'll have to be soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment