November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

We are going to my in-laws today at 3pm for Thanksgiving Dinner.  I'm making loaded mashed potatoes (the potato chowder recipe that I made a few weeks back that was better as mashed potatoes).

I filled my crock pot up with peeled and cut up potatoes and 1 onion, diced. Added 1 1/2 cups home made chicken stock.  Some minced garlic, onion powder, garlic salt.

Cooking on high for 4 hours and then I'll add the cream cheese and use the hand blender to mix it all up.

I'm cooking baking on the stove right now to crumble and serve on the side as a topping to their mashed potatoes if anyone wants it.

We'll be doing Thanksgiving at my mom's house this weekend.  I like that we split up the dinners so we have more time to actually enjoy them instead of running from house to house.

The girls are playing really well together right now.  That's something in itself to be thankful for.  I plan on laying down and relaxing with a book for awhile before we have to start getting ready to go.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment