November 27, 2013

Ham, Veggies and Cheese

I threw together dinner in the crock pot when I was on my lunch today.

About 1 cup diced up leftover ham - $1.85
1/2 cup milk with 1 tablespoon flour whisked in - 12 cents
4 tbsp. butter - 25 cents
mushrooms - 30 cents
green peppers - 50 cents
can green beans, drained - 59 cents
can corn, drained - 59 cents
1 tbsp. minced garlic - 15 cents
1 tbsp. onion powder
1/2 tbsp garlic salt
2 onions - 33 cents
3 medium size potatoes, sliced -30 cents
8 tablespoons neufchatel cheese - 45 cents
2 cups shredded cheddar - $2

Total Cost - Approximately $7.50

I added everything to the crock pot except the neufchatel cheese.  Set on High for 4 hours.  I mixed the neufchatel cheese in right before we ate.

It tasted way better than it looks. I forgot to take a picture at first and Little Ripples was halfway through her bowl before I remembered.  That's her shadow.

No comments:

Post a Comment