- Meat Special Buy: 3 lb ground turkey for $5.99 - bought 3 of them (froze 2 and 1 is in the refrigerator.) The Plan:
- Cook up the one in the refrigerator and freeze in 1 pound portions
- At some point use 1 to make a large batch of meatballs
- At some point make a large batch of hamburgers for dinner and leftovers for the week.
- Cinnamon Twists - 2 bags for $.49 each. Originally $.89 each. These remind me of the cinnamon twists they have at taco bell.
- 2 Snowman Rice Krispie Treat Sets - $1.25 each. Each set makes 3 snowmen and comes with candies to decorate them with. I think these were originally $4.99 each but were marked down since its after Christmas. Considering it's freezing here and snow is on the ground, I figured this would be a fun activity with the girls.
- Littlest Pet Shop Toy - $4.99 Originally $14.99. This will be Big R's valentines gift. We give each of our girls a gift for Valentine's. My mom always gave me something on Valentine's and I like that tradition.
- 2 Micky Mouse Holiday Brownie Baking Sets - $1.99 each. I think these were either $5.99 or $7.99. Either way, it was a good deal and the brownie mix doesn't expire until July 2016. I'll save these for next winter as either a gift or a fun activity to do with the girls.
- Pop-tarts - $1.49 per box just because they have holiday pictures on them. My girls love Pop-tarts so I bought 3 boxes of these.
All of this plus our normal stuff we needed came to $93. $9 was for gifts and will come out of our extra spending money. I had $81 left in the food budget and spent $84 on food. So I was $3 over budget. Not too bad plus I stocked up on a few items.