Working on my grocery list and meal plan now. A peak in the freezer shows that we have:
- 1 bag sloppy joe meat - need buns
- 2 lbs. 90% lean ground beef
- 2 packs of pork chops
- 1 bag of black beans
- dinner rolls
- pizza dough for 1 pizza
- 2 bags of frozen shredded chicken
- lots of bags of chicken stoc
- dinner rolls - will eat tomorrow with spaghetti and meatballs that we didn't eat today (ended up eating left overs today).
- 2 bags of frozen strawberries - will use for smoothies
I might buy 1 bag of frozen chicken breasts just because Mr. R really likes to have those on hand but other than that I think we are pretty good on meat for the next two weeks. Now I just have to decide what to make with it.
Here are some of my ideas -
- Black bean soup and rice - uses up black beans, chicken stock; have everything I need to make this already
- Black Bean Chicken - will use up some cans of black beans, 1 bag of the frozen shredded chicken and whatever is left over of the rice. Might need some more salsa.
- Honey Garlic Pork Chops - have everything I need on hand for this.
- Baked Chicken a couple times
- Cheesy Hamburger Casserole - will need diced tomatoes, cheddar cheese, and a green pepper
- Cream of Mushroom Pork Chops, mashed potatoes and corn
- BBQ Shredded chicken sandwiches - just need buns
- Sloppy Joes
Hmmm. Need to think of something easy to make with the other pound of ground beef. Maybe just hamburgers. And I some how over bought on eggs, so maybe I'll make a breakfast casserole one night too.
Other than that, left overs, left overs, left overs to not waste food and use everything up. That reminds me, I have some grapes I need to go and eat.