June 18, 2014

Meal Plan and Grocery Shopping Updates

I think we would have come in $15 under my $200 grocery budget for each pay if it wasn't for our strawberry picking trip.  Counting that trip we went way over but got tons on strawberries and apples and lots of other goodies.  Here was my meal plan for this 2 week pay period that ends on Friday.  
  • Blueberry pancakes (Making large batch to freeze some) - Made these and froze some but we liked them so much they are completely gone.
  • Hamburgers - Check
  • Pizzas (I'm going to make one with a cauliflower crust, we'll see if I can get the hubs and girls to try it) Made pizzas but didn't make the cauliflower crust.  I need to get cheese cloth.  But I did make buffalo cauliflower bites by mixing 1 cup flour, 1 cup water and some garlic powder together.  Then dipping pieces of cauliflower in the batter and place on parchment paper on a cookie sheet.  Bake at 425 degrees.  Once they start to lightly brown drizzle buffalo sauce over them and cook a couple more minutes.
  • Whole Chickens in the crock pot (lots for leftovers and freeze some meat for later, plus chicken broth) - Made this today.  Fit both chickens in the crock pot.  We had buffalo chicken salads for dinner and 2 containers of leftover chicken in the fridge plus 2 bags of chicken frozen in the freezer.  Tonight I'll be making chicken stock with the bones.
  • Black Bean Soup
  • Spaghetti and Meatballs (from the freezer) - This is the plan for tomorrow
  • Keilbasa, black beans and rice (crap... I forgot the rice) - Check
  • Cheesy Hamburger Casserole
  • Honey Garlic Pork Chops
  • Baked Chicken Breasts - Check
  • Large Batch of Sloppy Joe's to freeze some (plan to have leftovers) - Made these and have a bag of sloppy joe meat in the freezer.
  • Leftovers, leftovers, leftovers.
I haven't really tried many of the new recipes.  We've been busy so I've fallen back on the recipes that I know since those are quicker and easier.  My goal for tomorrow is to eat, eat, eat grapes.  I just found a whole bag in the back of the drawer in the fridge that I forgot about.  They are getting soft so we have to eat them all by tomorrow or they will be trashed.

No comments:

Post a Comment