I spent $143 at Aldi today. We have so much food our cupboards are overflowing.
I did give in and buy some of the marked down items:
- large cans of baked beans marked down to $.99. I bought 5. I figure 3 will be used at the girls' birthday party if they are still around by August.
- Lemon Bar kit and Raspberry Bar kit $1.49 each. Easy to make and my step dad loves lemon bars. We usually have some type of get together for Father's day with my step dad and father in law, usually a cook out at our house. So these bars will make an easy dessert.
- Sauerkraut marked down to $.49 per can. I bought 6.
Here are the meals I plan to make with all the food I bought today:
- Blueberry pancakes (Making large batch to freeze some)
- Pizzas (I'm going to make one with a cauliflower crust, we'll see if I can get the hubs and girls to try it)
- Whole Chickens in the crock pot (lots for leftovers and freeze some meat for later, plus chicken broth)
- Black Bean Soup
- Spaghetti and Meatballs (from the freezer)
- Keilbasa, black beans and rice (crap... I forgot the rice)
- Cheesy Hamburger Casserole
- Honey Garlic Pork Chops
- Baked Chicken Breasts
- Large Batch of Sloppy Joe's to freeze some (plan to have leftovers)
- Leftovers, leftovers, leftovers.
Some of the recipes are new. I'll post them if they turn out good.