June 6, 2014

Friday Financials

I decided not to pay the car lease.  I have the money set aside but right now the balance on the account is -$1.72.  Every month the balance due is negative.  The payment due date is 6/24.  I'm not sure how I got ahead on the lease payments, but I'm going to wait until the 24th to see if maybe they just haven't updated the total or if I really am paid up a month ahead.  If so, that $205 will go into savings this month and I will get back on scheduled payments in July.

Other Financial News:
  • Condo fees will more than likely be going up to $125 per month from $110. Since we own 2 units this will cost us an extra $30 per month, $360 per year.  But the money will be used to make the common areas nicer so it will hopefully be money well spent.  We still have to take a vote so the increase won't take affect for a few months.  We haven't had an increase in about 6 years so its probably time.
  • Grocery Shopping: There are more rumors of even more layoffs at work so I need to get my butt in gear and buckle down on the budget.  We have tons of food in our cupboards and freezer.  I will be making a detailed grocery plan and grocery list.  I'm going to go back to Aldi shopping once every two weeks.  That will keep me out of the store and help me to stick to the budget better.  I'm a sucker for all the discounted items whether we need them or not and I always end up going over budget because of it.
  • Savings: Added $100 to our repair fund which I do every month out of our rental income.  It's at $1040!  Added $265 to Savings towards our 2014 Savings Challenge, here are the totals:
    • EF = $1630
    • Car Fund = $1630
    • Travel Fund = $1685 (spent $250 of this for our camping trip)
    • Total Saved in 2014: $4945

No comments:

Post a Comment