June 8, 2014

Fun Times in Clearance Shopping

My mom offered to take the girls swimming at her house yesterday.  Yay for me, surprise sitter!  So I decided to stop at Walgreen's on the way home as we needed mouth wash and I usually can find some mouthwash on clearance there.  I found such great marked down items and was enjoying being out in the beautiful weather that I decided to drive over to the other Walgreen's in our city.  They're only about 7 minutes away from each other.  Some of my fun finds:

  • Scooby Doo Mouthwash on clearance
  • Monster High Body Glitter Spray $.50
  • Nail Polishes - $.69 each
  • Cover Girl All Day Lipstick - $2.99
  • 6 pack of barrettes $.20
  • Little Mermaid Swim Goggles for Big R's swim day at Day Care - a little over $2
  • Minnie Mouse Lip Gloss - $.79
  • Really Cute Stack-able Body washes - $.50 cents each - used for a gift
Most of this stuff is going into the girls birthday presents.  I'm making a gift bag for Big R of girly stuff like monster high make up, nail polishes, etc.

I ran home and asked Mr. R if he wanted to run out to Lowe's to check into getting our sliding door replaced.  We still had some time, so we went over to Toy's R Us to see if we could find an Elsa Doll for Big R.  No luck on that, but they were having a big clearance sale throughout the store with 60% off a lot of items.  I went up and down every aisle to see what I could find. Here's what I got:
  • A 2 pack of pacifiers for our niece that is due in July - $1.67
  • A really cute 3 month size long sleeve shirt that has a muscle man body on it - $3
  • This Tub & Toot Doll.  It's a baby doll that you bath and when you press it's belly button it giggles or toots.  He He.  It was on clearance for $9.98 and will be set aside for Little R's Birthday.  She's such a little mommy and always taking care of her baby's.  Plus she'll think the sounds are hilarious!
  • Minnie Mouse Clip On Clothes set, $6 for Little R's Birthday.  We have 2 sets of these already and Little R plays with them every day.  Each set comes with Minnie mouse and then interchangeable plastic clothes, shoes, headbands, etc. that clip on.  I keep all the pieces in a big Ziploc baggy so they don't get lost.  

1 comment:

  1. Nice finds! I need to go check out ToysRus. And you fund some nice deals at Walgreens. Our Walgreens' clearance sales are never that good :(

    ReplyDelete