May 29, 2014

Now I remember why we don't go camping very often...

It's way too much work!

I have spent the last 4 1/2 hours getting ready and there is still so much to do.

I went grocery shopping and washed and prepped all the fruits and veggies that we are taking.  These will be our meals:

  • Breakfasts: Egg and cheese sandwiches over the fire with the pie iron, cereal and milk, pop tarts, fruit
  • Lunches: Sandwiches: onion buns, 5 different types of lunch meats and 2 types of cheese, lettuce and tomato slices or pizza over the fire in the pie iron
  • Dinner: Hotdogs over the fire
  • Desserts: Cookies (leftover from a retirement party from work today), smore's
  • Snacks and sides for breakfast, lunch and dinner: Salad, grapes, watermelon, cucumber slices and carrots dipped in ranch, chips and dip, pretzels, nutrigrain bars, combos, bananas, macaroni salad, corn on the cob wrapped in foil and cooked over the fire
  • Drinks: Bottled water, juice boxes, milk, Gatorade, bottled iced tea, and beer for Mr. R and I :)
I tried to pack a nice mix of healthy foods plus plenty of fun snacks.  I figure the more choices I give the girls and Mr. R, the less likely they will be to want to go to the campground restaurant.

I've got most of the food packed up and most of the clothes packed.  And I've been making ice cubes and putting them in a plastic bag to cut back on the amount of ice we have to buy for the cooler. I also froze most of the bottles of water.  Now I'm exhausted and I keep thinking of more and more stuff to do.

Tomorrow, we have a funeral to go to at 11:00 for Mr. R's Grandma.  She was 90 years old and passed away on Memorial Day.

Then we'll need to stop at the store one more time for cat food and some more batteries for the flashlights, clean out the van, get the cooler wiped down and then everything packed up. It's exhausting just thinking about it all.  I've given up for tonight, making a list of things that still need to be done as I think of them so I won't forget tomorrow.

Good news is that it looks like we will have a beautiful weekend for camping which is great news since water park admission is included with our campground fee.  Hopefully the lake water is warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment