February 5, 2014

Making the Most of my Snow Day

I had a really hard time calling off today.  Wednesday is my meeting day.  I have a meeting almost every half an hour until lunch and I didn't want to miss them. But since the schools are closed and Mr. R said the roads were horrible this morning, I decided just to take the day off instead of shuffling the girls.

So I needed to do something productive and seeing how I did some cleaning last night, its just not in me to clean more today except for the minimal amount of loading the dishwasher and wiping down counters.

So I decided to really focus on my taxes today.  I've been hesitant because of our rental property this year.  But after about 3 hours and lots of questions googled and help from hr block, I think I have it all figured out.  All I'm waiting on is my dividend statement from sharebuilder.  They won't be posting those on their website until Feb. 15.  I only earned about $60 in dividends so I don't think it will affect my return amount too much.

I am extremely impressed with myself since I even calculated my city taxes which I almost never ever do myself because I used to always mess them up. Our city is really nice and will calculate them for me for free when I go in to pay them.  Not sure if every city is like that.  I'll have them double check it, but I like to know the amount as I pay it in full for the year using my federal return.

Now I just need to decide if I want to be lazy and let hr block do my state taxes or do them myself.  It's $36.99 through hr block and I can do them myself for free but we're getting a pretty large return so it might be work the $37.  Hmmm.  I'll have to see how motivated I am after I finally am able to file the federal return.

No comments:

Post a Comment