January 9, 2014

Giant Eagle Grocery Shopping with Coupons, How I did

These were the Sale/coupon match ups from Tuesday:
  • Lean Cuisine - 6 for $10 - $1 coupon = $9 or $1.50 each
  • 2 packs Dole Squishems - $4 - 2 $1 coupons = $2 or $1 per pack of 4 
  • Garnier Fructis Hair Gel - 4 for $12 - 2 $1 printable coupon = $10 or $2.50 each, plus additional Bonus 20 cents in fuel perks.
  • Mrs. Buttersworth's $2.50 - $1.10 (55 cent double coupon) = $1.40 
  • Crest toothpaste - $2.50 - $1.50 (75 cent double coupon) - 75 cent e-coupon = 25 cents 
  • Crest Pro Health - $4.99 - $1.50 coupons (75 cent double coupon) - 75 cents e coupon  = $2.74  
  • Gala Apples - 10 pounds for $10
  • 2 coupons for $1 off per gallon of gas if I transfer 2 prescriptions. Definitely thinking of doing this as Acme's pharmacy seems to be a bit expensive.
I was excited to see that the e-coupons and manufacturer coupons can be used together.  This is what I actually bought today:
  • Dole Squishems $1 after coupon
  • Garnier Fructis Hair Gel - 4 for $10 with coupon plus earned 20 cents in fuel perks
  • Crest toothpaste 25 cents after coupons
  • large bottle Crest Pro Health $2.74 after coupons
  • 3 12 packs diet coke - $11
  • 3 pounds sirloin tip roast - Bogo Sale, total cost: $9.22
  • Beef Tips for Stroganoff - marked down to $4.04
  • 3 - 1/3 pound garlic pepper hamburgers - marked down to $3.63
  • Bananas
  • Dial Soap - for our trip.  I use this to wash my face every morning and night.
  • floss
Total Spent: $48.00; Saved $19.16 Weekly specials, $6.00 coupons and I saved additional on the meat mark downs but it didn't calculate that into the total savings.

Out of the $48.00: $16.00 out of "extra" money leaving $157 left and $32 comes out of the food budget.  I have $251 left in the food budget.  

I decided not to buy the lean cuisines since our freezer is pretty full and we didn't need them and we had plenty of syrup so I didn't buy the Mrs. Buttersworth.  I also didn't buy the apples since we'll be going on our trip soon and I didn't want to spend $10 out of the grocery budget for them.  The 3 pounds of sirloin tip roast will be used to make beef jerkey in the dehydrator before our trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment