December 4, 2013

Awesome Left Overs Soup

This is what I threw in the crock pot at lunch today:
1 frozen ham bone
3 peeled and cut up potatoes
2 small onions chopped
1 can of corn, drained
1 brick of neufchatel cheese
A lingering chunk of Colby Jack Cheese
A lingering chunk of Sharp Cheddar Cheese
A decent amount of onion powder
A decent amount of season salt
a dash of red pepper flakes
frozen mushrooms
frozen green peppers

Set on High for 4 hours.  When I came home from work, I pulled out the ham bone and got all the meat off of it.  Put the meat back in the pot, added a container of pasta that was left over from dinner last night and a big handful of shredded cheddar cheese.  Mixed it all together and Voila - Dinner!

This is how I usually cook.  No measuring.  A little of this, a little of that and hopefully it tastes good.  In this case, it did.  I served it with home made cheddar biscuits.

No comments:

Post a Comment