December 3, 2013

A productive and Thrifty Day

1. Didn't buy a salad at work and instead came home for a baked potato.  Even though I really wanted a salad.

2. Mr. Ripples wanted to run out right away and buy flour tortillas when he realized he forgot to buy them when he was grocery shopping.  Instead, I made a batch of homemade wheat tortillas after work.

3. Since I already had everything out, I decided to make biscuits to go with the soup I plan to make for dinner tomorrow.  The dough is done, Mr. Ripple's will just have to put them in the oven tomorrow.

4. I'm really really proud of this one.  I worked late so Mr. Ripples had to make dinner.  I didn't have anything ready and told him to make what he wanted.  He took the left over chicken from last night's dinner, chopped it up and put it in spaghetti sauce.  And he made pasta and garlic bread.  Super proud of him to stretch the meat out for another dinner instead of cooking more meat.

Now, I'm tired.  Making tortillas and biscuits from scratch wore me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment