November 18, 2013

Weekend Recap

Whew!  I am exhausted.  This is the first time I've been able to sit down and relax since 7 am.  It was busy at work, busy at home.

This past weekend was Mr. Ripples' weekend off work and we kept busy.

Friday - My mom took the girls overnight.  Woohoo! And what did Mr. Ripples and I do?  Christmas Shopping and then home by 8 to watch some tv. We're getting so old.  But sometimes its just so nice to be able to watch tv without little ones interrupting every 10 minutes.  We started watching the series "The Following" and its really good.  For anyone with Netflix, you should check it out.

Saturday - The girls had bowling league.  Mr. Ripples took Big Ripples out to do some more Christmas Shopping and Little Ripples and I took a 4 hour nap.  It was lovely.  I also ran out to do some Grocery Shopping and way overspent.  I hadn't gotten to make a list yet, the cupboards were getting quite bare and after sleeping all day I only had an hour til Aldi closed.  $30 over budget.  Oops!

Sunday - Since we missed our nephew's birthday party when Big Ripples had strep, we decided to take him to a new entertainment center that just opened it.  I was going to get him a gift certificate to laser quest, but I really wanted to go to this new place.  So yeah, I totally turned his birthday gift in a way for me to run around and act like a kid.

For $20 per person, we each got a 4 hour wrist band to play unlimited laser tag, euro-bungy, rock wall climbing, bumper cars, and roller skating.  I was pretty much the only adult doing the rock wall and euro-bungy but I'm finally at that point where I don't care.  I paid for my pass and I was going to try everything and it was a blast! Oh and my nephew had fun too.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment