November 18, 2013

Crowd Pleasing Chicken

I found this recipe on Crock-a-doodle-do.  But of course I made some changes to use what I had on hand.  This is how I made it and it was Excellent.  No complaints and there were no leftovers.

1 can chicken breast, drained and shredded
1/2 cup mushrooms, chopped
1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
1 1/2 cups cottage cheese
1 can cream of chicken soup
3/4 of empty can (from above) water
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup sharp cheddar
1 tbsp onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic salt
8 oz. pasta (I used a mixture of egg noodles and rigatoni to use up what I had on hand.)

Spray inside of crock pot dish with cooking spray.  Add first 10 ingredients and mix well.  Cook on low for 4 hours.

Cook pasta as directed on package.  Add to crock pot, stir well, then serve.

I'm too lazy right now to try to figure out the cost of this recipe and a lot of the stuff I had on hand.  But it was really good and definitely a recipe that I'll be making again.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not allowed to buy a crockpot, since my brother hinted me against me and that he may get me one for Christmas, but if he does, I'll have to try this. I think I like your version better adding the noodles after the "sauce" is done vs leaving it cook with the stuff. I'd be afraid of overcooking the noodles. It seems pretty affordable. Any alts for cottage cheese?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've made similar recipes that had cream cheese in them so u could probably try that. But no one in my family likes cottage cheese and they all loved this. The cottage cheese cooks down so it isn't chunky. Big Ripples actually asked me this morning if we could have this for dinner again tonight.

    ReplyDelete