November 12, 2013

Smoothies

My mother-in-law stopped by a few weeks back with a fruit smoothie from McDonalds.  She said that she read that smoothies were one of the best things you could have for breakfast.

Somehow I don't think the article meant McDonald's Smoothies.

Anyways, the other night I promised my girls to make strawberry smoothies for our Saturday Night "Daddy's at work" Sleep Over.  I had some mix that I felt the need to buy from someone at work selling Tastefully Simple a while back.  I made it once and forgot about it until recently.

So I go to open the mix and it has clumps in it, not too sure if it was meant to be that way.  I hate that moment of "to use or not to use".  I always err on the side of caution.  What can I say, I'm a cautious girl.

Since I had already promised two little girls  fruit smoothies and of course they weren't about to forget it, I decided to wing it.  I put half a bag of frozen strawberries and a container of strawberry yogurt in the blender with a splash of milk.  I figured if it wasn't sweet enough I could add sugar.  But to my surprise, there was no need for any extra sweetener.  There was enough for each of us to have a small smoothie.

Next time I'm going to try adding a banana and sneak a couple carrots in too to make it more healthy.  But of course I forgot to buy frozen strawberries at the store so it will have to wait.

1 comment:

  1. Fruit smoothies are a great way to get in fruit! I freeze all leftover fresh fruit before it can go bad, and then as soon as it's smoothie time, I whip out my baggie of frozen fruit, and add whatever is needed. I also juice oranges from our tree in our yard, and freeze that to add instead of milk. Delish!

    ReplyDelete