November 13, 2013

Crock Pot Spaghetti Sauce and Meatballs

This is one of those recipes that I fall back on a lot.  I usually have everything on hand to make it and everyone likes it.  It's easy to throw together before work.

Vegetables: green pepper, onions, mushrooms (whatever is on hand.)
2 cans Hunts spaghetti sauce - 88 cents each
1 - 2 pounds ground chicken (1 if its for 1 meal, 2 lbs if I plan to freeze some) - $2.89
1 egg - 11 cents
Italian Seasoned bread crumbs - 3 tablespoons
1 box of pasta - 88 cents - prepared as directed

Add veggies to crock pot and spaghetti sauce.  I used leftover veggies that I had from the salad bowl I made this week.  Add spaghetti sauce.

In a separate bowl, mix bread crumbs, ground chicken and egg together.  I mix by hand.  Form meat mixture into balls and place into crock pot with the sauce.

Cook on low 7 - 8 hours.  Serve over pasta.

It's a fairly inexpensive meal, even with all the vegetables I used it cost less than $6 to make and it was enough for 2 adults and 1 child plus enough leftovers for 3 lunches.

No comments:

Post a Comment