November 14, 2013

Banana French Toast

I don't know why I bother with a meal plan, I never stick to it.  Somehow I ended up with three loaves of bread.  I don't even remember buying them all but they were in my cupboard so I decided to make French toast.  And I had some bananas that needed used up too.  So here's what I made:

French Toast Batter:
6 eggs
1/3 cup skim milk
2 bananas
1 tbsp. vanilla

Mash up bananas in a large bowl and add the rest of the ingredients.  Use an electric mixer to get everything mixed up really good and break down the bananas some more.  A blender would probably work better, but I didn't think of that. 

With cooking spray or butter, coat a skillet.  Dip bread in batter and cook on low-medium heat until lightly browned.

I had more pieces than I care to admit for dinner.  Big Ripples had gymnastics so she had an early dinner.  After gymnastics she ate 3 pieces of French toast!

The best pieces of toast were the ones that were dipped toward the end of the batter where little bits and pieces of banana had been left.  They'd stick to the bread and gave the French toast even more banana flavor.

This made 14 pieces of French toast.

No comments:

Post a Comment