November 9, 2013

Chicken and Black Beans

I'm loving the recipes on crock-a-doodle-do.  I was having a hard time finding new crock pot recipes to try and found a ton here that I can't wait to make.  I made this Chicken and Black Beans recipe a couple days ago and am just getting around to posting it.  I just ate the leftovers for lunch and they were great!

I only made a half recipe because I didn't have 2 blocks of cream cheese.

3 small frozen chicken breasts - $2.60
1 can corn, drained - 49 cents
1 can black beans, half liquid drained - 59 cents
1/2 jar salsa - 65 cents
1 block of neufchatel cheese - $1.29
1 bag Pasta (I think it was 12 ounces) - 88 cents

Place chicken in crock pot.  Add corn, black beans, and salsa.  I just threw it all in, didn't even bother to stir.  Cook on low 7 - 8 hours.  Break up chicken and stir.  Add cream cheese and let cook for another 20 minutes or until cream cheese has melted.  Stir again and serve over cooked pasta.

Even only making half the recipe this probably made enough to serve 5.  Mr. Ripples and I had it for dinner one night when the girls weren't home and we've had plenty for leftovers.

Total Cost of Recipe $6.50, cost per serving $1.30



No comments:

Post a Comment