November 9, 2013

Honey Teriyaki Vegetables and Rice - Kid and Husband Approved!

I had some Sweet Baby Ray's Honey Teriyaki Sauce and about 3/4 cup of uncooked brown rice to use up.  Here's how I threw this meal together, stretched out the rice some and came up with a great recipe for vegetables that the girls actually liked!

1/2 cup Sweet Baby Ray's Honey Teriyaki Marinade
1/4 cup Honey
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 1/2 tbsp minced garlic
Mix all the ingredients together.

For the vegetables mixture I used:
1 bag of frozen broccoli (steamed in the bag in the microwave)
2 onions, sliced
1/2 - 3/4 cup of mushrooms (I had cut up and stored some in the freezer when they were on sale)
Brown Rice - 3/4 cup boiled in water

In a pan, add 1/2 tbsp olive oil and saute onions until tender.   Add frozen mushrooms, steamed broccoli, cooked brown rice and prepared Teriyaki Sauce. Cook until everything is heated through and the liquid cooks down some.

Mr. Ripples had baked some chicken breasts.  He cut up his chicken and mixed it in with the vegetables.  I served the vegetables on the side for me and the girls but I used some of the extra sauce on my plate to dip the chicken in.  I wasn't sure how the girls or Mr. Ripples would feel about this since none of them like broccoli or mushrooms but everyone really liked this.  I didn't hear any complaints about the vegetables and there were no leftovers.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks! I've been thinking about what to make for dinner with chicken, but I am tired of making chicken the same way (pan-fried or baked), this will be perfect to get rid of some of my frozen veggies. I'll have to get some teriyaki sauce to go with it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete