November 8, 2013

It's the weekend alright, just in time for another sick kid

Why do kids always get sick on Friday?  Big Ripples has been complaining of a sore neck for about a week.  At first I thought she slept wrong and it only seemed to bother her at certain times, like when she wanted to be done getting her hair brushed, so I didn't think much of it.  This morning she woke up all flushed looking and had a slight temperature.

The doctor thinks she has mono but she sure doesn't seem very sick.  They drew blood to run tests but we didn't get the results back today.  She stayed home from school and took a nice long 3 hour nap but she's up and playing right now. Looks like it will be another home bound weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Poor little girl. I received the news yesterday when I picked up my daughter that she was exposed to strep throat at daycare. Time will tell.

    ReplyDelete