October 4, 2013

Updates, Challenges and Ebay Sales


  • Bought a salad at work today because I wasn't sure if I would have time to take a lunch. The salads are huge and only cost $3.95. Plus it filled me up so I won't be tempted to snack this afternoon.  I ended up being able to run home quickly so I'll take a pop back to work with me so I don't end up buying anything else.  But I've been doing good on all the other October Challenges so far.
  • Sold some stuff on eBay.  After all the fees and shipping, I should be able to send my friend a check for $334 next week from items that I sold for her. She has many many health problems.  Her dad had to quit working to take care of her and her mom's job keeps laying her off for a week or two at a time.  They are really struggling, so I'm glad to be able to help them out.  From the items I sold for myself, I will have $22.47.  $9 will go to my credit card to pay for a few things that I purchased to sell on eBay.  The left over $13.47 will go towards our hotel stay next weekend.
  • My husband's bowling party is today.  This should have been on my bad decision list but I didn't want to admit to anymore than I already had.  We've never had a big party for him and I knew he wanted to do something for his birthday, plus I thought it was going to be a lot cheaper than it has turned out to be.  I ordered 4 pizzas from the bowling alley which will cost $52 and I think I'll need 4 pitchers of pop which are $6 each.  We have enough money set aside to pay for the lane rentals and pizza.  My husband said he'll chip in some if needed, so I'll have him pay for the pop.  I made 2 cakes to take with us.  They're both strawberry cakes with cream cheese frosting.  I just wasn't sure if one would be enough.  We have 15 adults and 8 children total. My cakes won't win any awards for looks, but they taste great.  One of the cakes has a big crack down the middle. I had to use so much icing to try to fix the crack that I ran out of icing for the sides.  Oh well, once its cut no one will know.  (see how much nicer the one on the left looks, not that either are that pretty) :)

1 comment:

  1. That's pretty cheap for a salad. Around here, it's about $5.49 for not a whole lot and very limited variety. Bleh. I dont buy them, but my co-worker's do, and all I can think of is that it probably costs the store $1 to make that... oh well.

    And... CAKE. Looks great! Now I want some.

    ReplyDelete