September 13, 2013

Food waste and weekly shopping trips

I cleaned out the refrigerator this week and threw a lot away.  I did my first weekly shopping trip at Aldi's and spent $100.  I still over bought.  It was hard to get out of the bi-weekly shopping mind-set.  We had a couple things come up so I know we won't be making all the recipes I had planned on this week.

Big Ripples and I made Fruity Pebble Crispy Treats today.  It was the first time I let her help me cook on the stove.  She was in charge of stirring the butter and marshmallows.  The crispy treats look awesome.  Unfortunately, while waiting for them to cool, I decided to put dishes away.  Somehow I dropped a glass out of the cupboard and it hit the of the dish I had used.  The glass shattered...all over my crispy treats.  I'm so sad.  You don't know how seriously I thought about picking the glass off and still eating them.  But I'm too afraid there might be little pieces I missed, so my treats will go in the trash.

Excuse me while I cry a little.  I was really looking forward to those.

No comments:

Post a Comment