September 22, 2013

Crock Pot Beefy Beans over Rice

This is a recipe I found a long time ago, saved it and then never made it.  I finally made it this week and it was delicious.  I'll have to take a picture and figure out the costs the next time I make it but it is definitely a cheap recipe to make and really good so I wanted to share it now.  Of course I made some changes based on what I had in the house so here is the recipe the way I made it.

1 pound ground chicken
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 28 oz can baked beans
1 15 ounce can black beans, drained
1/4 cup honey
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1/3 cup ketchup
1/3 cup barbecue sauce
Brown Rice

I put everything in the crock pot except the rice and the ground chicken.  Mix it all together and then add the ground chicken.  I don't precook the meat and I've never had a problem with it.  I think it defeats the purpose of crock pot cooking if I have to pre cook anything.  Set on low and cook for 7 - 8 hours.  Then when its done cooking, stir it up again.  Cook brown rice as directed on box.  Serve Beefy Beans over brown rice.

Aldi had large cans of baked beans marked down last week and I bought a few.  So this will be on next week's menu for sure.  I'll try to remember to take some pictures.

 

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like a yummy meal. I do always precook hamburger.

    ReplyDelete