December 31, 2015

New Years Eve - Planning Goals for the New Year

I'm finally getting settled into my new job and getting into a routine.  I totally didn't track my goals for 2015.  But since it's about to be a new year, its time for a new start.  So here it goes -

2016 Goals


  1. Save $1,000 each for both of my daughters to be put into a long term CD by the end of the year.  I have this in the budget each month to set $85 aside for each of them which adds up to $1,020 each by the end of the year.  Last year we only set $40 a month aside for each daughter.   This will be money for their futures whether they decide to go to a traditional 4 year college or some other type of career program.  It obviously won't be enough to pay for everything, especially a 4 year degree, but I hope to be able to give them each a good chunk towards whatever their future goals will be. My goal will be to do this every year and if our situation changes allowing us to contribute more in the future then that goal will increase.  But for 2016, the goal is to save $2,000 total which should be very doable for us.
  2. Bulk up the down payment fund.  I don't know when we will purchase a new condo.  The market is very limited for what we are looking for.  But until that time my goal is to cut back unnecessary spending and put as much as possible into the down payment fund so when that perfect condo comes onto the market we will be ready.
  3. Easter Vacation - Family vacations are very important to us.  We have a vacation planned for spring break this year.  We will be heading to Pigeon Forge, TN to stay 9 nights in a cabin over Easter.  I'm very excited.  Since we are staying in a cabin and splitting the cost with my parents, plus preparing most of our meals there, we should be able to keep it pretty inexpensive.  But it is a long vacation so we will need to watch the budget carefully and we still need to save a large part of the budget for this to pay cash for it all.  Luckily Mr. R will have some nice paychecks because of the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment