We found a condo that we both really liked but I was hesitating because there were a few down sides:
- Kitchen is smaller than ours now and I like to cook a lot. Our kitchen now already seems small when more than 1 person is in it.
- The girls would have to switch schools (same school district just on the other side of town so different schools)
I think we would be happy at this condo and it has about 600 more sq ft then what we are living in now. But after discussing it, Mr. R and I decided to hold off on making an offer. It is very hard to find a condo with at least 3 bedrooms in our area. At the moment, there are only 4 for sale. We've looked at some single family homes but, in our price range, they all seem to need a little work and we aren't ready to take anything on. That's why we are condo buyers, we like everything taken care of for us and we are willing to pay a monthly fee for someone else to handle all of that.
For now, we are just enjoying not having a day care expense and using this time and extra money to beef up our down payment for whenever the right condo comes on the market.
Job Hunt -
I've quit submitting resumes. I was wasting too much vacation time going on interviews. The company I work for is doing better and we are entering into our busy season so I don't fear for my job anymore. At least for the time being.
There is 1 position about 30 minutes away that I have been interviewing for. My fourth interview is set up to be in 10 days. I've interviewed with almost everyone at the company and now they want me to interview with one of the major clients that I will be working with. Most of my work will be for this client.
There's some good aspects to this job and some pretty major not so good. I'll have to wait until I'm made an offer to see if the money and good aspects out way the potential bad aspects.