February 9, 2015

Valentine's Box, Celebrations and Gifts

Big R needed to make a Valentine's Box for her Valentine's party at school on Friday.


I think it came out really cute.  We used a round plastic container that used to hold pretzel sticks and some construction paper and glue from the dollar store.  So for $2 in supplies, she has a cute Olaf Valentine's Box.

The girl's each picked out some Valentine's from Ollies for only $.49 per box.  Big R picked out Sponge Bob Valentine's that came with stickers to pass out to her class.  Little R picked out puzzle valentines.  They are on a thick plastic that breaks apart into 6 pieces.  Each valentine has a picture of an animal on it.  The kids are supposed to break them apart and mix up the pieces and then put the picture back together.

Wednesday morning I volunteered to bring a special snack in for Little R's class.  They celebrate Valentine's the whole week.  She wants to take cupcakes.  I always struggle with whether to bring a fun junk food snack or a healthier snack.  Maybe I'll pick up a pack of mini-cup cakes from the bakery at Acme.  At least with the smaller portion, they won't be eating quite so much sugar first thing in the morning.

I took a half day on Friday so I can volunteer to help with Big R's class Valentine's day party.  I also volunteered to bring bottled water for the party.

The Girls' gifts:  My mom always gave my sister and I each a gift for Valentine's Day and I continue that tradition with giving my girls' each a gift.  Each of the girls will receive a bag of cotton candy, 2 boxes of conversation hearts, a treat bag with heart shaped marshmallows in it and a treat bag of dum dum suckers, silly putty and a coloring book.  Total Spent on each of their gifts: $4.50

Mr. R's Gift:  I purchased a super hero t-shirt and a Thor mug on clearance after Christmas for Mr. R for Valentine's Day.  I also found a funny card that I must have purchased a year or two ago.  I hid it so he wouldn't find it and forgot about it until I recently found it.

My Gift: Mr. R asked what I wanted for Valentine's Day.  I told him I just wanted him to take me out to dinner.  Eating out for us is considered entertainment and we usually split the cost from our personal spending money.  So it will be a treat to have Mr. R take me out somewhere.




No comments:

Post a Comment