December 20, 2014

Ta Da!!! The Final Homemade Christmas Gifts

So here they are and I'm really proud of them.  I made the gifts pictured below for 6 women in my family.  I also had enough product to keep for my self, give to my sister in exchange for crocheting the chap stick holders, sent a box to my step-mom and put together a last minute gift.  I also have 5 more containers of lip chap for my family to use this winter.  So to figure out the cost of these gifts, I'm figuring there was enough product for 10 gifts.

Here's the cost break down:
  • Supplies from Amazon and Mountain Rose Herb - $96.70 - $40 gift card for signing up for an Amazon Card.  Total = $56.70
  • Cost of 6 bags from Kohls = $49.90
  • Organic Brown Sugar and Vanilla Extract from Raison Rack = Estimate $10
  • Glass Jars - $16 (I have a lot of these left over as the sugar scrubs didn't make as much as many jars as I thought they would.)

Total Spent: $132.60
Which would have been enough for 10 gifts - $13.26 per person 
If I hadn't received the $40 discount the cost would have been $17.26 per person.

Wow! that's better than I thought it would be.  Not everyone got the same gift or all of the same products but still this worked out great.  Overall, I will be giving some great home made natural products to 9 women and I had plenty left over for myself and my family plus some leftover jars, oils and other supplies.  I learned a lot about making my own products and even ordered some more coconut oil to make some more body butter for myself and my family to use.  

For my mom and my mother-in-law: each will get a make up bag,
1 jar of vanilla brown sugar body scrub, 1 crocheted chap stick key ring holder with
1 tube of  lip chap, a tin of body butter, a vanilla peppermint lotion bar, and a loofah

For 2 of my nieces: 1 gets a make up bag and the other is getting a wristlet plus
1 jar of vanilla brown sugar body scrub, 1 crocheted chap stick key ring holder with
1 tube of  lip chap, a tin of body butter, a vanilla peppermint lotion bar, and a loofah
For 2 of my grandmas: each will get a make up bag,
1 jar of peppermint sugar body scrub, 1 crocheted chap stick key ring holder with
1 tube of  lip chap, a tin of body butter, a vanilla peppermint lotion bar, and a loofah

Last minute gift for my brother-in-laws new girlfriend (just in case
she is at Christmas) - a Vanilla Peppermint Lotion Bar, 3 lip chaps,
and 1 jar of peppermint sugar scrub







No comments:

Post a Comment