November 23, 2014

Our very wasteful week

With the stomach flu going through our house, we did not eat up all of the food in the fridge and I had to throw a lot away.  I feel like I just took $20 and put it in the trash can.  I did freeze some foods when I realized we wouldn't be eating them but there was still a lot I missed. When I cleaned out the refrigerator today, I found lots of containers of leftovers and foods that I cooked ahead last weekend that never got eaten.

Even after I started feeling like I was alive again, my stomach took a few days to get back to normal and I couldn't bring myself to deal with the refrigerator.

But now it's all cleaned out and I went shopping today so it's restocked.

I also cleaned the whole house really well today and disinfected all light switches and door knobs.  Hopefully we are done with being sick.  Mr. R was the only one who didn't get it.  Since he's a nurse, I sometimes wonder if he has a stronger immune system from being exposed to so much.




No comments:

Post a Comment