- Left around 2 pm for 2 hour drive to Port Clinton. Paid $2.50 Toll.
- Hotel was really nice. The price was great, $279.11 for 3 nights. It was very clean, less than 5 minute walk to the Jet Express and had a nice restaurant and bar in it. The room was a little small but the bed was super comfy. I would definitely stay there again.
- We dressed up for a nice dinner at the 1812 Restaurant that was in the Hotel. It was a little pricey but the food was excellent. Dinner cost us $64.08 which included an appetizer, a salad for me, steak dinner for Mr. R, 1 beer & 1 mixed drink + tip.
- We spent $27.00 later on at the bar. They had a couple playing music and singing. Mr. R requested our wedding song and they sang it for us while we danced.
- The hotel came with a continental breakfast but Mr. R said there wasn't much down there besides toast and cereal. We ended up eating sub sandwiches for breakfast almost every morning. I bought 2 types of cheese, 5 types of meats and hoagie buns to take with us. The room had a refrigerator so I also packed lots of snacks like chips and dip, grapes, and cheese wedges and crackers. I didn't know that the room also had a microwave. Next time I'll pack breakfast sandwiches to pop in the microwave in the morning.
- We walked over to the Jet Express and paid $66.00 for 2 round trip tickets to Put-in-Bay. While waiting for the boat, one of the golf cart rental companies was offering a discount if we booked our golf cart before heading over to the island. I had already done research on the pricing so I knew we were getting a good deal.
- It was freezing cold on Put-in-Bay on Saturday and we did not bring warm enough clothing. Mr. R bought a hoodie to wear over the sweater he was already wearing and I bought a big blanket to wrap up in while riding on the golf cart. We got 40% off as it was the end of the season but it still cost us $52.08 for a sweater and blanket. If we planned better we could have saved that money.
- Golf Cart Rental - $26.85 for 2 1/2 hours
- Wine Tasting - At the first winery we spent $8.00 but I wasn't too impressed with there wine. At the second winery we spent $16 on tastings. We spent $16 on a bottle of wine for my parents.
- Spent $38.50 at Mossbacks and it was amazing! I got a Margarita that wasn't so good. But the hamburgers were HUGE and cooked perfectly. One of the best hamburgers I've ever had.
- The Candy Bar was a nice candy store. I can't ever pass up a candy store. We bought the girls each a few different type of fun chocolates like chocolate and m & m covered oreas, chocolate nutter butters, giant lolly pops, etc. Mr. R and I each picked out a fancy chocolate and I bought a slice of Salted Caramel Fudge. The fudge was amazing and I ate the whole thing for breakfast the next morning. Spent $17.25 on candy.
- We had some time to kill before it was time for the boat to leave so we chilled out at a bar right by the boat dock. $30.50
- We also spent some time later at the bar in the hotel, $27.25.
- Spent the day at Cedar Point, which reminded me how much I don't like roller coasters. I purchased our tickets online to save some money, plus our parking pass and a souvenir drink cup that came with free refills all day. The drink mug was a major rip off! Online it said it was $15 in the park or $9.99 if I pre-bought it. But once we got in the park, they were selling them for $5.99 with free refills all day since its the end of the season. My total for all of this was $132.63.
- Spent $34 including tip for an early dinner at Cedar Point. We split a large specialty pizza.
- Once back at the hotel, we stopped in the bar for a drink. These were $8 each but were something new and fun to try. It's called a Lake Erie Trash Can and they were surprisingly good. Total Spent: $19.00
|Lake Erie Trash Can|
- Left hotel at 11 am. Spent $7 on Burger King for lunch and paid $2.50 in tolls.
Total Spent including some misc. spending that I'm sure I hadn't accounted for and gas that Mr. R will need to get from all the driving: $1072.91. Oops! Our budget was $1,000 so we went over by $72.91. Probably should have stayed out of the bars some! Oh Well. We had a great time and it was a nice way to celebrate 10 years of Marriage.
The girls are at school now and I can't wait for them to get home. I miss them soo much.