September 26, 2014

Interviews and Financial Updates

Interviews:
I took the day off work yesterday.  I had 2 interviews.  One in the morning and one in the afternoon. I was hoping to catch a nap in between interviews but the first one was 1 1/2 hours long and the second was 2 1/2 hours.  Plus both of the places were 20 - 30 minutes away.  I had just enough time to run home and eat lunch in between.

Both the interviews went really well.   I'm really really excited about the job at the first place.  The position would be a step up from what I'm doing now and it sounds like a great company.  It's a pretty small company and I'm used to working for a large corporation so that would be a bit different.

The second place is with another large company, but I feel like I'm over qualified for the position. But since its a large company there would be lots of opportunities for growth.  Both jobs would be an increase in income but also my 3 minute commute would increase to 20 to 30 minutes.

Financial Updates:

  • Added $230 to savings
  • Dealt with missing condo fee check.  The bank is saying they issued it.  Condo Association never received it.  I feel like I shouldn't have to pay the late fee since it was sent but haven't gotten out of it.  It was originally $100 in late fees but I got it down to $50.  From now on, I will be calling the condo lady every month on the 10th of the month if my check hasn't been cashed to verify that she has it.  She's usually about a month late depositing checks so I really had no reason to doubt that she had received it in August.
  • Day Care bill for October is $600 which is the amount I budgeted.  Usually it comes in under budget and I have some extra money for savings but not this month.
2014 $12,000 Savings Challenge Update
  • Emergency Fund - $2182
  • Car Fund - $2185
  • Vacation - $2170
Total Savings so far for 2014 - $6537

No comments:

Post a Comment