- 2 Cans Black Beans, drained and rinsed - $1.18
- 1 Cup Salsa - $.61
- 2.5 Cups Brown Rice, cooked - $.75
- 1 1/2 cups shredded chicken - $.93 (left over from my really cheap chicken deal a couple weeks ago)
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth - Free - Made with the bones from my really cheap chicken deal last month.
- 1/2 packet taco seasoning - $.17
- Sour Cream, Cheddar Cheese for topping (optional)
Add everything except the rice into the crock pot and cook on low about 4 - 5 hours. Mix the rice in when ready to serve.
Total Cost of Recipe $4.82, made enough for dinner 1 night with plenty of leftovers for lunches.
Leftovers Remake: the rice soaked up a lot of the liquid so when I heated up the left overs, I added cheddar cheese, a little more salsa. Then once it was done heating in the microwave, I topped it with sour cream. It was really really good as leftovers.