May 11, 2014

My Lazy Mother's Day Weekend

My gift to myself this weekend is not leaving the house at all.  Mr. R took the girls to pick out a balloon for me and he printed and framed a couple pictures of our family to take to work for my desk.  Big R made me a card too.

On Thursday, my sister, mom and I went to a container herb gardening class. This was our get together with my mom and I gave her a card with her ticket to see Shrek the Musical.  My sister paid for her class.

On Friday after work I ran through the grocery store.  I haven't left the house since I got home from the store at 6:00 pm on Friday.  And I don't plan to leave until tomorrow morning for work.

The girls and I had a Sleepover Party in the living room last night since Mr. R worked all weekend.  We watched Honey We Shrunk Ourselves and Charlotte's Web.

Today, I wanted to be lazy but knew if I didn't get anything done today, I'd feel guilty tonight.  I did about 1 1/2 of work on an extra project that I am working on for work.  Then I wrote a post for The Family Fun Saver, another website of mine that has local info about family events and entertainment, mostly that is free or low cost.

I gave myself 1 hour to clean because the house was trashed.  I was able to clean the kitchen, load the dishwasher, sweep, vacuum and mop the 1st floor and wipe down the mirrors and counters in both the bathrooms.  Plus Big R helped me clean the playroom.  All this took less than 1 hour.

My plan for the rest of the day is to be lazy and read or maybe play some computer games.

Hope everyone has a great Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment