April 18, 2014

Friendly's coupon and extra check

If you sign up on Friendly's website to be a BFF then you'll get a coupon for 25% off your next visit.

I found out I'll be getting an extra check next Friday for some extra projects I worked on.  Since Mr. R and I happen to both be off Friday, Saturday and Sunday this weekend, I wanted to take the girls to do something special.

We took them to Chuck E. Cheese right when they opened this morning.  Our Chuck E. Cheese recently remodeled, getting rid of the tunnels and adding some games.  I was really impressed.  A lot of the games are really fun and more engaging then just pressing a button to hopefully get some tickets.  A favorite of all of ours was the laser maze where you go into a dark room and have to try to make it through without touching any of the lasers.

I had a coupon for 100 tokens for $20, making each game only 20 cents.  We spent close to two hours there.  $20 for 4 people for two hours is cheaper than going to see a movie.

Then we took the girls to Friendly's for lunch and I used my 25% off coupon. We eat out so rarely, it was a special treat for the girls and Mr. R and I.   The girls shared 1 children's meal as they never eat very much when we are at restaurants anyways.  But we let them each pick out their own sundae.

Total spent today was $56.  I told Mr. R that I was willing to spend $50 of my extra check on a special outing with the girls so he paid the extra $6.  The rest of the money when I get paid next week will go towards savings goals or medical bills.  I just received one for Big R that was over $100 and one for Mr. R that was over $200 but the insurance hasn't paid it yet so I'm not sure what our portion will be.

1 comment: