Since it's Mr. R's weekend off and we hadn't really done anything so far this weekend, I suggested a trip to Ollie's. It's one of those stores you need to take your time to look because they always have different stuff. Mr. R always stops at the books first to let the girls each pick out a book to read while we shop which keeps them happy.
I bought the girls some large pads of drawing paper and books for their Valentine's Day gifts. Some of the fun food finds after coupon:
- Knorr Pasta and Rice sides in lots of different flavors (Mr. R loves these) - $ .76 each
- 3 3-packs of veggie/fruit juice boxes for Big R's lunches $ .67 each
- a box of Capri Sun for $1.52.
- sugar free caramel coffee syrup and sugar free vanilla coffee syrup - $.84 each
- a giant 32 oz jar of minced garlic $2.54
- 2 - 8 oz bottles of Vanilla Extract $2.54 each
- And tons of yummy snacks: Dora Cereal, Angry Birds shaped graham crackers, fruit by the foot, grahamfuls, Nutrigrain Fruit Crunch bars and Nature Valley Trail Mix bars, Chips Ahoy Fudge Filled Cookies, Vanilla Oreos - all anywhere from $.84 - $1.69 each. We have plenty of snacks for dessert and lunches now.
Oh and we also bought some new silverware for the house since we are really low on forks and spoons ($5.94 after coupon). Our garbage disposal always seems to try to eat them. And we got a rug for in front of the sink ($4.24).
Total Spent at Ollies: $61.84
Then we ran into Acme as it was in the same plaza and bought 4 more bottle of hand soap and a turkey breast that was marked down to $1.49 per pound and a bottle of tea for me. Total Spent $19.60
|Who Get's to Clean the Windows?|
Then Mr. R ran into the Dollar Tree and bought 2 bottles of lotion, a pack of cd's and a toy mouse for the cat. Princess ripped apart her other mouse while we were on vacation.
So we spent a lot. Most of the stuff needed or will be eaten. It got us out of the house for a couple hours and Mr. R was happy. Plus at Ollie's we bought the girls a pack of window markers for $3.39 and it kept the girls busy decorating our sliding door for a while.
Updated Grocery Budget: Out of all the shopping above only $40 was out of the grocery budget, so there is $326 left in the grocery budget for February.
The rest will come out of our Extra Spending Money. Since January was a 3 pay check month I put a little extra money in this budget because our $250 budget for February won't start until our first pay check in February. $46 was spent on "Extra Budget" items, leaving $136 left for Extra Spending items.