I've been trying to cut back on our electric usage. During the month of January:
- Quit using the heat dry setting about 50% of the time on Dishwasher
- Blocked crack in sliding glass door and sealed it
- Tried to keep lights turned off and reminded other's in the house to do the same
- Went on vacation for 1 week and turned the heat down to 60 before we left - not much electric used during that week except a light that was left on, heat and the automatic lights in the basement that would turn on when Princess was down there.
- Combined baking sessions whenever possible to get the most out of the oven use
- Turned stove off before food finished cooking to let the left over heat finish cooking it
But we still used more electricity this month than the previous month or the same month 1 year before. Could be the freezing temperatures but I'm still disappointed that we didn't do better.
Month Total KWH Days KWH Per Day Cost Per Day Average Temperature
Current 3,418 30 114 $5.91 20°F
Previous 2,911 35 83 $4.24 30°F
One Year Ago 3,007 32 94 $4.61 28°F
Your Average Monthly Usage: 1,769 KWH
Total Due $177.34 which is about normal for us.
*Our house is all electric.