My sister asked Big R to come over after bowling to play with her son this morning so I decided at the last minute to run to Giant Eagle since I only had 1 kid with me. Little R had a blast playing in the Eagle's Nest for the first time so it worked out well. Especially since I wasn't really prepared with my coupon/sales match ups so it took me longer than I usually would spend. Total spent on food was $15, only leaving $59 left in the food budget until next pay day ( 2 weeks from yesterday). Also spent at Giant Eagle was $17.00 in non-food items that will come out of the "extra" money budget, only leaving $191 in extra money until the 1st pay in March (almost a month away).
Here's some of the great deals I scored at Giant Eagle today:
- 3 pks Snack Pack Pudding Cups - $3.00 - $.90 coupon, only $.70/pk.
- Colgate Toothpaste 6.4 oz - $2.39 - $1.50 coupon = $.89
- Super Pretzel Hot Pretzels - $2.50 - $1 coupon = $1.50 (I've been buying soft pretzels at work lately. Usually only once a week but they cost $1.40. The box I purchased came with 6 hot pretzels, only $.25 each!)
- Yoplait Yogurt - 14 cups $7.00 - $1.80 coupons = $5.20 or $.37 each (This is my favorite yogurt but I'll only buy it when I can match up coupons with sales.)
- Angel Soft TP - 12+ Dbl Rolls x 2 (equivalent of 48 single rolls) = $9.98 - $.90 coupons = $9.08 (The coupons I planned to use were expired so this wasn't as great a deal as I had planned. The tp I buy at aldi is the equivalent of 36 single rolls for $6.99 which is a little over $.19 per roll. The Angel Soft ended up being just under $.19 per rolls so I still saved a few cents and we'll be stocked up on tp for a while.)
- New Peanut Butter Pop Tarts - $2 - $1 coupons = $1.00