January 13, 2014

super busy but still saving money

This week is going to be crazy busy.  We leave for our trip on Saturday, bright and early.  Since Mr. R is taking time off, his work scheduled his full forty hours the beginning part of this week.  He works 12 hours tonight, tomorrow night and Wednesday night, and then four hours on Thursday night.  When he's scheduled like this he basically just works and sleeps every day.  So the majority of the house work and taking care of the kids falls on me.

My work is super busy right now too.  Not only am I trying to get caught up for vacation on my regular job, but I'm still taking on additional small creative projects.  Last week, I was asked to take on a larger project.  This is great because it could lead to more types of this work and these jobs bring in extra money.  But I'm so busy right now, that I'm bringing work home with me and spending lots of time working in the evenings.  I don't want my boss to think I'm letting my regular job slide but I didn't want to turn down this project because I might not get offered another chance any time soon.

Plus I'm working on packing for our trip for 3 1/2 people.  All Mr. R packs is his clothes, razor, toothbrush and hair gel.  All the rest is on me.  And he almost always forgets his bathing suit then tries to blame me.  Not sure how many times we've had to run to a Walmart on vacation to pick up a bathing suit.  I'm gonna make sure to remind him this time.

Now on to the saving money.  I went to Giant Eagle today to buy $300 in Disneyland gift cards.  I earned 60 cents in fuel perks, now I have a total of 80 cents off per gallon.  I also purchased a 5 lb bag of McIntosh apples that rang up at the wrong price so I got the whole bag for free!  Woohoo! Totally worth the 2 minute wait for the price check.

I also got an oil change on my van today using a $5 off coupon.

1 comment:

  1. If Acme would give me the food for free every time they made a price mistake, I'd be walking away with free groceries. They really make me paranoid, and you have to be really careful watching your receipt. Good luck getting ready! That does sound like a lot of time crunch!

    ReplyDelete