January 7, 2014

Strawberry Pancake Recipe

I didn't take a picture because these really just looked like pancakes, but they were yummy.  This is the recipe I found for inspiration: strawberry vanilla pancakes.  The picture they show looks a lot better than mine, though.  Here's how I made them.

1 cup old fashioned oats
1 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup wheat flour
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
Just under 1/4 cup vanilla extract (I didn't have enough for a full 1/4 cup)
2 cups blended frozen strawberries with 1/4 cup milk mixed in to help them blend (I left them a little chunky so there are bits and pieces of strawberries in some of the pancakes.)

I mixed everything together in a large bowl except the strawberries.  I mixed those in last.  Then cooked on the stove until brown.

The strawberry flavor wasn't too strong and when i make these again, I will add another 1/8 cup of packed brown sugar.  We topped these with light syrup and the pancakes themselves could have been a little sweeter.  Other than that I thought these were good.  This made about 25 pancakes.  We had some for dinner, some will be for breakfasts this week and I will freeze some for later.

No comments:

Post a Comment