December 23, 2013

Play Date

Big Ripples has 2 friends over for a play date right now.  Earlier in week I picked up sun catchers for each of the girls to paint.  I bought them at the dollar store - 4 sun catcher painting kits plus suction cups to hang them = $5.

I decided to make sour cream cookies since I had some sour cream to use up. Luckily, I only gave each girl 2 cookies to decorate because after tasting them, the two friends said they didn't like them, which of course led to my daughters saying they didn't like them.  I think they came out great.  But since they aren't a really sweet cookie, I probably should have known better than making them for the kids.

Then for lunch, 2 girls wanted chicken nuggets, 1 girl wanted grill cheese and 1 wanted both grilled cheese and chicken nuggets.  The girl that wanted both stood next to me at the stove impatiently waiting for her sandwich to be done.  She ate about 1/3 of the sandwich and then asked for more chicken nuggets instead.

This is the first I've sat down since they got here.  I can hear them tearing up the playroom, which is fine with me.  My girls can clean it later.  I'm ready for 1:30 to get here so I can take a nap.


1 comment:

  1. It sounds like the girl who wanted both needs to be taught better etiquette. Enjoy your nap!

    ReplyDelete