December 23, 2013

December Grocery Shopping Challenge

I think I might have blown the challenge.  I had to do some grocery shopping this morning.  I received my cooking assignments for Christmas Eve Dinner and Christmas Day Lunch.  My in-laws wanted me to make loaded mashed potatoes and my mom wanted me to make a breakfast casserole for Christmas Day.

I didn't need much to complete the rest of our dinners for the week, but I was in a hurry and had both of my girls with me.  I didn't think I did too bad, but was surprised when the check out girl told me the total.  I spent $90.

My total so far for December is $331.  Not sure if $69 is enough to last us until January 3rd.  I guess we'll see.

3 comments:

  1. I went to the store last night and had to mentally add everything up to avoid going over budget. Food is just so expensive and is getting more expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its crazy I went out for eggs, milk, sour cream and I needed more mozerella since the kids had eaten what I had and I felt ill when she totaled it. Everything is getting more and more expensive I have about 75.00 left until the end of January and it is just going to have to last!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't do so hot this month with the grocery spending. Sigh. Next month I will be back on track though.

    ReplyDelete