December 2, 2013

iWin - Fun and Inexpensive Entertainment

I have a membership to iWin.  It's a website that sells computer games.  I pay $6.99 per month for a membership.  But the really great thing is that iWin lets me pause my membership every other month which I try to remember to do, so I really only pay $6.99 every other month.

Whether I've paid my $6.99 in a particular month or not, I can still download any game I want for a 60 minute free trial.  For each month that I pay the $6.99 member ship fee, I get 1,000 icoins, which is the amount that most games cost.

Sometimes I'm in the mood to play a lot of games, like this month.  I've already bought 3 with icoins that I've accumulated.  But for the past 3 or 4 months I haven't bought any.  To get more for my money, I download games from the steals and deals section first.  These games are usually only 500 icoins (50% off).  Also each month a completely free game is offered that if it sounds like something I might like I "purchase" it since its free.

If a game is easy enough, I let Big Ripples play with me.  And I've even found a couple games that she was able to play by herself that I downloaded for her.

If I remember to pause the billing every other month, I end up paying a total of $41.94 per year, $6.99 every other month.  Compared to a lot of other computer games out there and other types of video games, that's pretty cheap.  And it comes out of my personal spending money, not our monthly budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment