November 24, 2013

Electricity

According to our electric company, we use 109% more electricity than similar apartments/condos that are heated with electric.  This is costing us over $800 a year more in electricity.

We're always getting these in the mail. The majority of our appliances are about 4 - 5 years old and were all energy star appliances.  I keep the heat set between 66 - 68 degrees in the winter.  In the summer I do usually have the air set for 70 degrees.

Our electric has always seemed expensive to me.  It's frustrating when I come home and all the lights are on and all the TV's are on whether they are being used or not.  I've had countless conversations with my husband and the kids about keeping lights turned off.  The month of December, my goal will be to decrease our electric usage and get the family on board. 

I just have to figure out how to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment