November 3, 2013

Barbecue Cheddar Meatloaf

2 pieces of bread (I used the ends of the loaf that we don't eat) - 11 cents
1 egg - 11 cents
1 pound ground chicken - $2.89
1 tablespoon garlic salt - 6 cents
2 tsp. onion powder - 5 cents
1 small onion, chopped - 17 cents
1/2 cup mushrooms, chopped - 36 cents
This everything mixed together and about to be put in the oven.
2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese - 67 cents
3 tablespoons barbecue sauce (mixed in) - 16 cents
3 tablespoons barbecue sauce (on top) - 16 cents


Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Spray a baking dish with cooking spray.  In the baking dish, break up the bread into small pieces.  Add the egg, ground chicken, garlic salt, garlic powder, onion, mushrooms, cheese and 3 tablespoons barbecue sauce.  Mix together by hand.  I didn't form mine into a loaf, I guess it looks more like a meat cake!

I just do everything in the baking dish so I don't dirty up any additional dishes.  Place dish in oven and cook for 45 minutes.  Take out of the oven and add another 3 tablespoons barbecue sauce to the top.  Bake for another 15 minutes.

Total Cost of Meatloaf - $4.74, Serves 4

I cut this into 6 pieces.  My husband and I each had two.  The girls shared one and there's one piece leftover.

I served this with mashed potatoes, corn and green beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment