October 13, 2013

Yummy, Yummy, Yummy... I've got biscuits in my tummy

I've made 2 batches of biscuits today.  The first were just ok but needed a little more flavouring and a little less whole wheat flour.  We did eat them all today so they couldn't have been that bad. 

I've just tasted the second batch and these came out much better.

1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup wheat flour
1 tbsp. garlic salt
1 tbsp. onion powder
4 tbsp. melted butter
1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
2/3 cup milk (more if needed)

I just put all the ingredients into a bowl and start to mix it together with my hands.  It seemed a little dry so I added a splash more milk and just kept mixing it with my hands until it formed a dough.  Then I formed a palm size ball of dough in my hands and flattened it some, placing it on parchment papered baking sheet.  Continue until out of dough. 

Bake in oven at 400 degrees.  I watched closely and when the bottoms browned slightly, I flipped them over so the other side browned. (About 10 - 15 minutes of baking total).

No comments:

Post a Comment