September 22, 2013

Weekend Review

Friday - Big Ripples had a make up guitar lesson so my husband took her there while Little Ripples and I did the grocery shopping.  Aldi had tons of stuff marked down this week so I stocked up some, going over my grocery budget.  Mr. Ripples and I have been watching The Killing on Netflix after the girls go to bed.  At first I wasn't that into the show but its gotten really good.

Saturday - I saved some money by dyeing my hair myself.  Then we took the girls to a birthday party.  They had a lot of fun.  They had someone doing face paint and a rented cotton candy machine to make cotton candy.  The rain eventually stopped and the sun came out so the kids were able to play outside for a while too.  We had leftovers for dinner.

Sunday - Lazy day for Baby Ripples and me.  I love taking naps with her.  She's so sweet and cuddly.  We got a 2 hour nap today.  Mr. Ripples took Big Ripples to a movie and the sound quit working.  The theatre gave them 4 free movie passes to make up for it.  They went back to a later showing and got to see the movie in 3D and he still has two more free passes to use.  I listed some more items on ebay and sold one item.  After shipping and fees, I made $15 on a Care Bear Costume that Big Ripples wore when she was three.  I bought it used and she wore it 2 or 3 times that year.  I know I didn't spend more than ten dollars on it 3 years ago so I'm really happy with how much I made.  Big Ripples and I made Fruity Pebble Krispy treats. Mmmmmm. 

I've read 2 1/2 books this weekend.  I've been trying to ride my stationary bike at least an hour a day and when I am reading a good book, it makes time fly.  If I put a movie on for the girls, I can usually ride through the whole movie with only having to get off once or twice to get snacks or drinks for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment